At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Health and Well-Being team is looking for an ambitious and proactive Sr. Manager, Trade Marketing whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will work with the Team Leader, Trade Marketing in outlining, communicating and implementing brand strategies for our Vitamins category.
What you’ll do:
- Possess a detailed understanding of brand positioning within each respective category from which we establish Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising and Pricing goals and objectives to Field Sales.
- Have a deep understanding of current business realities that includes assortment, pricing, promotional and merchandising strategies at top strategic customers. Coupled with detailed knowledge of competitive landscape at these accounts to help inform key strategic development of DSMP strategies.
- Own price leadership within the Vitamins category and work closely with the CDM teams to be the gatekeeper to ensure channel/account adherence.
- Identify challenges and issues facing the Sales organization in the marketplace using Church & Dwight internal database systems (Nielsen, Siebel) and feedback from Field Sales. Once identified, work closely with field/cross functional teams for recommendation to the senior management teams.
- Collaborate with Demand Planning and Marketing on monthly forecasts, provide sales input and communicate low inventory levels or cuts appropriately.
- Develop a seamless communication flow throughout the organization (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Logistics and Sr. Management).
- Establish (DSMP) trade strategies for new item launches to maximize new item business results.
- Provide personnel development in terms of knowledge, skills, abilities, capabilities, and personal characteristics.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years’ experience in CPG industry with internal and external sales experience.
- Experience working with Trade Marketing in a CPG company.
- Strong technology skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Syndicated Data (IRI/ACNielsen); Siebel a plus.
- Understanding of trade rate development and retail execution challenges.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and adept at problem solving.
- Understanding of retailer go to market strategies and class of trade/channel dynamics.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills).
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.