At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Research Chemist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will provide technical expertise and lead the development and qualification/implementation of new beauty care products as well as maintenance & enhancement of current products.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct bench-top formula development of beauty care products: Design and execute experiments. Collect and analyze stability data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Help lead product research and development from concept to launch: Collaborate with cross-functional team to develop product. Aid in transfer of technologies to pilot lab and manufacturing sites. Provide technical support for (1) production start-ups and new product launches, (2) existing brand maintenance and improvement, and (3) manufacturing operations to maintain quality and integrity of existing products.
- Identify product concepts and technical approaches, demonstrate concept and technical feasibility, formulate detailed development plans and execute such plans to meet objectives and commitments.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments to substantiate label claims. Coordinate and support testing by internal service groups and/or external testing labs.
- Analyze consumer feedback, identify and understand consumer needs and the gaps between consumer needs and existing products, prepare summary report and initiate/conduct follow-through tasks.
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product Bundle Book/ Design History Files, and relevant documentation to support launch of new products and maintain existing ones.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of FDA regulated OTC products.
What you’ll need:
- The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical/Materials Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 5+ years of laboratory experience. A Ph.D in a relevant discipline with 0 – 3 years’ experience is acceptable.
- Familiarity with FDA regulated OTC products preferred. 1 – 3 years’ experience with master data management in an ERP system is preferred
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.