At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Logistics Services team is looking for a driven and adaptable Logistics Specialist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located in our Global Corporate Headquarters of Ewing, NJ, you will be primarily responsible for the processing of carrier invoices utilizing our current TMS solution (BluJay) and paper processes; on-boarding and training new and existing carriers.
What you’ll do:
• Process carrier freight invoices for outbound customer shipments utilizing the TMS system.
• Process hard copy (paper) carrier freight invoices for outbound customer shipments where carriers are not sending EDI submissions into the TMS system. This includes a 3-way match that the invoice is valid, price is valid, and the weights are correct.
• Work with carriers to minimize paper invoicing by having them become capable of processing through our TMS system.
• As new carriers join our network, or as carriers has resource changes, on-board them to the C&D freight payment process. This includes training, start-up monitoring and on-going coaching.
• Work with carriers on all unapproved accessorial charges, having the invoiced amounts either reversed or adjusted as necessary.
• Monitor system alerts to identify when carrier invoices cannot be processed, identify the root causes, and engage Logistics Technology resources when applicable, for remediation.
• Respond to carrier inquiries regarding payment concerns and/or issues.
• Track availability of carrier insurance certificates.
• Create reports and do projects as requested.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelors/Associates degree is required.
• Microsoft Excel experience is a must.
• Microsoft Access experience preferred.
• An understanding of SAP (order management system) is preferred.
• Work experience investigating customer deductions or shipping errors is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Customer Service, Transportation, or Warehousing is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task.
• Must possess good communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.