At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Packaging Design Engineer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ the successful candidate will be a creative designer combining hands-on packaging design with innovation brainstorming, facilitation, consumer insights and holistic design thinking. Overall responsibility supports projects across multiple personal care and household businesses to deliver new products & packaging for well-known domestic and international brands.
What you’ll do:
- Research industry literature and build a knowledge base of packaging trends which will lead to new design ideas
- Work with internal and external stakeholders understanding design parameters and constraints to create impactful “design brief” outputs
- Create preliminary artistic drawings in the form of illustrations and storyboards of product concepts. Presentation of concepts’ stakeholders for feedback and creatively use the feedback to refine product design
- Use 3D CAD software and visualization tools to refine designs and create virtual models of products
- Coordinate use of 3D printing to create product prototypes that are both aesthetic and functional to allow project teams to make critical decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to consider manufacturing implications of new designs and evaluate product concepts for production feasibility
- Manage and support outside design agencies to ensure agreed successfully completion of project deliverables.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in product/industrial design
- 7+ years’ experience in industrial design for Consumer products (Packaging preferred)
- Knowledge of brand architecture
- Experience of Consumer ethnography, focus group interaction and design iteration
- Concept sketching and illustration skills
- 3D CAD design and visualization, 2D skills using photoshop, illustrator, etc.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.