At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our IT team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Project Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, the PM is the single point of accountability for the delivery of one or more business information technology projects. This includes the management of the day-to-day work activities of the project, ensuring the quality of the team’s work, managing project scope, issues, risk, resources (internal and external resources) and budget. This position also coordinates and manages the project’s integration with other IT initiatives. This position is dedicated to project management activities and is not responsible for functional management of an IT department or area.
What you’ll do:
- Manages the day-to-day work activities of project team members on low to moderately complex business information technology systems, including: structuring and estimating the project with the business sponsor and account manager, organizing the team, assigning and monitoring tasks, identifying and resolving project issues, identifying and mitigating project risks, managing scope and schedule changes, managing the project budget, and reporting status
- Sets direction and communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivates the project team to achieve them.
- Coordinates with IT departments to ensure that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired result according to the project schedule
- Builds a strong relationship with the business owner and key stakeholders of the project, ensures that the project is aligned with customer expectations, and facilitates project decision making
- Creating a project environment that enables peak performance by team members: open disclosure of issues, alignment to project goals, coaching to clarify deliverables, escalation procedures, etc.
- Reviewing quality of work and managing integration of team members’ work
- Completes project close activities: analyzing & sharing lessons learned, completing project documentation, and analyzing estimate against actual hours
- Administer and utilize PM tools to ensure appropriate key project documentation is prepared throughout the project lifecycle (charter, design input/output form, financial templates, etc.)
- Applies appropriate IT processes and methods (e.g. SDLC) and application, technical, development, and architecture policies and standards in the completion of project work.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience is required
- 5-7 years of Information Systems experience as infrastructure analyst or infrastructure engineer
- Three or more years information systems project management experience
- Experience in managing medium to large infrastructure projects with some degree of vendor management
- Experience in using a formal Solutions Delivery Life Cycle/Methodology
- Experience in using formal project management methods, techniques, and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or other IT industry project management certification preferred
- Must have held project management positions (reflecting increasing levels of responsibility) in an IT organization of comparable size and have experience managing small, medium and large projects (full scope: budget, charters, project planning, communication plan, etc.).
- 5+ years consumer packaged goods industry experience preferred
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.