The Company & Brands
Church & Dwight, a leader in the US FMCG industry, is seeking a Senior Marketing Consultant to help accelerate the growth of its Hair Care Portfolio. The Portfolio consists of three brands that are leaders in their respective segments: Viviscal, a line of drug-free dietary supplements that promotes thicker, fuller and healthier-looking hair, Toppik, a line of all-natural keratin-based hair building fibers and tools that instantly transform fine and thinning hair, and Batiste, a dry shampoo that refreshes hair between washes, leaving hair feeling clean and fresh with added body and texture. These brands are experiencing significant growth within new channels with plans to more than triple over the next few years. We are looking for a consultant to be part of the journey to help accelerate the growth within the new channels.
The Senior Marketing Consultant will drive the channel strategy of the brand across the entire retail landscape working alongside Customer, Trade, Professional, Ecommerce and Brand Managers. He/she will be expected to contribute to and have a thorough understanding of the brands’ strategies and to be able to translate these strategies across the respective retail channels to address shopper needs (pricing and promotional strategy, SKU mix, etc.), maximize distribution, reduce cannibalization between channels, help reduce complexity and overall drive sales, efficiency and ROI. Duration of assignment 6 months.
- Be a key participant in the business planning process to contribute to the overall brand strategy and annual brand planning
- Working with sales, develop the strategies and plans for driving awareness, education and trial across all retail channels including Ecommerce. Be a key contributor to pricing, merchandising, portfolio optimization and a turn-key sales algorithm for account managers
- Working with the Professional Manager, develop the strategy and plans for the professional market (trade shows, events, products, sampling) with clear prioritization and demonstration of return on investment
- Track and monitor performance across all channels with a view to ensuring achievement of goals. Identify issues and barriers to growth in a timely manner and recommend solutions
- Identify retail trends in the hair care/beauty space to strategically input into the 3-year strategic plan
- Reduce gross to net sales by being always on top of business dynamics particularly with respect to channel management
- Manage other projects as defined by the SBU Leader
Experience & Qualifications
- 8-10 years of brand commercialization experience, preferably in the hair care (cosmetic and therapeutic) or beauty categories
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrated success working across the US beauty retail environment: beauty professional (CosmoProf, SalonCentric), beauty retail (Ulta, Sally Beauty, Sephora), professional distributors and re-distributors, Ecommerce, and direct to professional
- Knowledge of and experience selling direct to therapeutic and cosmetic professionals (dermatologists, hair transplant specialists, cosmetologists, estheticians) and in building relationships with key opinion leaders and influencers
- Expertise in building brand awareness and driving education through tradeshows (professional beauty, medical, distributors), trade publications and digital
- Demonstrated ability to build category growth stories and knowledge of building sales algorithms to identify optimal account portfolios
- 4-year under-graduate degree, MBA preferred
Special Skills Required:
- Reporting to the Personal Care Strategic Business Unit Leader, this individual will be skilled in matrix and stakeholder management
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for financial management
- Planning, project management, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, dependability, team player skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture, visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.