At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Category Management team is looking for an analytical and resourceful Category Manager III whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
The Category Manager III is responsible for supporting key strategic channels and categories. This role will utilize analytic capabilities such as loyalty card, analytic and reporting solutions, and executional tools to elevate our influence with customers.
The Category Manager III will work with key account teams and their respective retailers to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective category(s) to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives.
The role reports internally to the Church & Dwight Category Management Department.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for both our C&D and Retailer business partners
- Utilize credible insights and strength of partnership to effectively influence Customer Category strategies, tactics and executions
- Actively lead and participate in all line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, JBP plans and Top to Top meetings
- Develop key actionable category insights to identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and recommendations for both our C&D and Retailer partners
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Utilize Tools and Insights to Enable Execution: Utilize Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights
- Be an expert in customer specific data and all required systems including Nielsen analytics and customer POS
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization, and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in the CPG industry required
- 2+ years in a Category Management role in the CPG industry required
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience is required
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are required
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus
- Loyalty card experience is a plus
- Excellent analytical, communication, and creative problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, presentation, and influencing skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.