At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Global Purchasing team is looking for a driven and reliable Senior Category Manager - Direct Procurement – Packaging whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Ewing, NJ Global Headquarters, you will lead the development of a strategic vision and operational plans for Church & Dwight’s Direct procurement needs in the Packaging category to maximize business value through effective category management and strategic sourcing process execution. The senior category manager will be responsible for managing a ~$413MM spend portfolio and a team of sourcing professionals which will contribute to an overall Procurement target of $115MM in cost savings and $60MM in cash flow over 4 years.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Category Management vision, strategies and objectives to deliver against broader business objectives
- Specific Category responsibilities will include the entire Church & Dwight Rigid and Flexible Packaging Materials Portfolio across all business lines. These include: Home Care, Fabric Care, Oral Care, Health and Wellbeing, Personal Care, Sexual Health/Women’s Health, Vitamins, and Specialty Products division
- This position requires strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in Direct Packaging Materials procurement. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives within the categories mentioned above to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and develop strategies
- Develop specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Effectively manage and motivate a team of junior sourcing professionals including Category Managers and Analysts to conduct strategic sourcing initiatives and deliver on aggressive savings goals
- Provide coaching and mentorship for direct reports, building the future leaders of the organization
- Help achieve corporate supplier diversity goals
- Track financial results and quantitative supplier performance for strategic suppliers; identify gaps in performance and develop mitigation strategies to restore performance to plan
- Develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management program to monitor performance of strategic suppliers and drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Take a leadership role in key procurement activities, including RFx development and execution, Statement of Work (SOW) and contract drafting, and pricing and contract negotiations (new client initiatives)
- Identify team training needs and help address those needs
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelors (required), MBA (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPM certification (preferred)
- Experience: 7 to 10 yrs. relevant purchasing or Supply chain experience. Min. 3+ yrs. Category Management experience within Direct Packaging Materials
- Proficiency: Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, Word; PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP/ P2P systems knowledge
- Diverse base of experience across Direct Packaging Materials
- Previous experience leading large teams within Procurement or across Business Functions
- Ability to think and act strategically, coupled with analytical curiosity and collaborative style
- Excellent business partnering, communications (verbal and written), and presentation skills
- Appreciation and emphasis on developing and following common processes
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence senior leaders and their teams across the organization and on a global basis in a large fast growing and complex organization
- Proven program management skills with ability to manage multiple complex workstreams
- Ability to provide thought leadership for the business and broader enterprise functions
- Ability to analyze and interpret diverse industry & category characteristics
- High degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to inspire, delegate, be intuitive, and be a creative visionary
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.