At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Global Purchasing team is looking for a driven and reliable Category Manager - Direct Procurement – Packaging whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Ewing, NJ Global Headquarters, you will lead the development of a strategic vision and operational plan to maximize business opportunities through effective Category Management & Process Execution.
What you’ll do:
• Single point of contact and should exhibit the ability to manage all operations related to sourcing and procurement activities for direct Chemicals and/or Packaging, which impacts multiple product lines.
• Identify and execute strategic initiatives within the categories mentioned above to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
• Partner closely with key stakeholder teams to understand critical business needs and support development of strategies to address
• Support the development specific category strategies for the assigned spend categories, including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
• Manage and execute all steps of the strategic sourcing process including developing RFPs, negotiating with suppliers (including eAuction), conducting bid analysis, and making supplier recommendations
• Contract execution by proactively engaging with business stakeholders, Legal, Finance, etc.
• Provide aggregate reporting on category performance and key metrics such as savings and supplier performance
• Monitor and research industry trends as well as “Best Practices” and adopt them as appropriate for assigned spend categories
• Manage and optimize functional sourcing support activities while ensuring adherence to stakeholders’ corporate standards
• Manage internal customer relationships through cross functional business engagement, and develop deep category knowledge in the assigned category areas
• Conduct supplier performance management initiatives and drive continuous improvement
What you’ll need:
• Education: Bachelors (required), MBA (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPM certification (preferred)
• Experience: 5+ yrs. relevant purchasing or Supply chain experience. Min. 3+ yrs. Category Management experience in Packaging Procurement
• Proficiency: Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, Word; PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP/ P2P systems knowledge
• Excellent business partnering, communications skills, and strong process focus
• Strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in Packaging Procurement. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills (i.e. excel modelling)
• High degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct and sound interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
• Excellent people management and mentoring skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.