At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Category Management team is looking for an analytical and resourceful Category Manager II whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
The Category Manager II is responsible for collaborating on strategic initiatives with our focus Customers and Categories. This role will utilize analytical capabilities and executional tools to elevate our influence with both internal and external customers.
The Category Manager II will work with key account sales teams and their respective retailer (Target) to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective categories to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives.
The role reports internally to a Sr. Manager Category Management.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for category insights and objective growth opportunities
- Collaborate with sales partners on building insights to help educate and influence sales strategy at an internal organizational level
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization, and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers
- Actively support and participate in preparation of line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Lead comprehensive understanding of plan-o-gram insights and assortment to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives
- Utilization of various Tools and Insights to Enable Execution, such as Nielsen and customer POS, Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, Assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university
- 3+ years of experience in the CPG industry
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are a plus
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus
- Loyalty card experience is also a plus
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.