At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our IT is looking for an ambitions and resourceful Sr. Business Analyst to support Plant Systems & Operations.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will support/be responsible for working with cross-functional teams to support and advance the company’s capabilities in Manufacturing Execution, Operational Controls, Data Collection, Management and Analytics. The successful candidate will collaborate across functions and levels to understand business needs in the shop floor manufacturing space and convert business needs into solutions within the Manufacturing Execution System environment. Duties include acting as corporate IT business partner with the plants, corporate resources and teams and vendor partners; help ensure the plants are meeting corporate IT guidelines and working within corporate IT policy and assist in implementing corporate-related IT strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Conducts technical analysis for manufacturing and operational systems and documents results as business requirements and proposed related business process changes.
- Converts business requirements into solution requirements.
- Participates in the functional design and or configuration of the solution.
- Participates in the development process for detailed functional specs in the manufacturing, plant operations and other relevant opportunity areas including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
- Participates in testing activities to ensure that the solution meets the business requirements and that new functionality and enhancements do not adversely affect existing functionality.
- Supports the execution of IT manufacturing projects to advance the companies capabilities in manufacturing execution, operational control, data collection, management, reporting and analytics, including monitoring project status and driving local activities to ensure timely completion. Communicates project status and escalates potential problems to management, users, vendors, and others as appropriate.
- Supports the continuous improvement of the MES environment, including equipment and production systems, in support of business goals including plant floor applications and machine controls.
- Helps develop and maintain IT manufacturing processes and systems and ensures an adequate level of technical resources to support plant efficiency initiatives.
- Responsible for 24/7 support at the tertiary level, of the IT MES and shop floor IT environment and user community for one or more plant/distribution facilities
- Maintains an understanding of the plants MES infrastructure, equipment and applications and identifies potential problems and opportunities.
- Maintains knowledge of, and brings forward opportunities to exploit, emerging manufacturing and operational technologies including, but not limited to, MES, IoT, IIoT, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV).
- Supports the global network and computing infrastructure plan; assists in the roll out of hardware and software to ensure optimal deployment of resources; implements solutions that utilize existing and new technologies and provides documentation and knowledge transfer to other support staff.
- Create, maintain, monitor and analyze master data in ERP and/or other integrated solutions in compliance with established service levels.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience in data communications and network operating systems.
- Five or more years in the installation and support of infrastructure hardware and software including (Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco switching and routing).
- Exposure to emerging technologies (e.g. IoT, IIoT, Cloud, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence) and the application of these in the Manufacturing and Controls areas.
- Detailed understanding of troubleshooting methodology and experience in supporting manufacturing systems for shop floor activities.
- Ability to access all areas of the plant as required and work with all three shifts and all levels of employees.
- Previous experience working in and supporting a manufacturing environment and manufacturing facility infrastructure
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Experience with leading software technology tools for developing business process models, workflow diagrams, test scripts, and other project related artifacts. Experience in business process analysis/design
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.