At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Operations Finance team is looking for a decisive and confident Cost Accountant (I/Sr.) whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at global corporate headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will support the entire CHD Global Manufacturing Services (GMS) Cost Accounting System and SAP ECC-driven business processes (Standard costs, Month-end closing, Quarterly PPR, and Annual Plan) for ~ 48 Contract Manufacturers (CMs) in our network.
What you’ll do:
• Perform month-end close accounting in SAP ECC for all Contract Manufacturers in the GMS Supply Chain network, including reserves and SAP journal entries in compliance with SOX accounting guidelines.
• Complete all standard costing and master data updates in support of GMS 48 Contract Manufacturers.
• Responsible for all GMS transactions. This involves posting all raw materials and WIP goods receipts that are shipped to Contract Manufacturers. It also includes making inventory transfers between co-packers/storage locations, processing write-offs, and resolving material deficits.
• Work closely with the GMS controller, IT, Planning, and Controller’s department in providing support and guidance on monthly costs, quarterly PPR’s and Annual Plan schedules and comparative commentary. This includes preparing month end GMS volume report, purchase price variance analysis, researching and providing variance explanations.
• Responsible for completing annual physical inventory reconciliations at each Contract Manufacturer that holds CHD owned inventory. This may include on-site physical/cycle counts and may require travel. It also involves performing inventory adjustments once approved by the GMS controller and Ops business managers.
• Investigate all major inventory variances as well as BOM/consumption issues. This may include auditing GMS inventory book to book reconciliations, requesting material cycle counts at the CM’s location, communicating BOM fixes to Replenishment Coordinators, and adjusting consumption in SAP as necessary.
• Review the GRIR freight account monthly and assist in coding of freight invoices. Provide support and assist the Co-pack accounts payable clerk on issues, thus ensuring invoices are being entered in a timely manner.
• Assist in the LIFO calculations for Consumer and SPD FG, Chemicals, and Packaging Components, as may be necessary.
• Perform other functions as determined by management.
What you’ll need:
• BS in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 5+ years experience in cost accounting / financial accounting analysis role, preferably in a multi-product, multi-plant, multi-warehouse environment.
• Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills that provide ability to interact with the most senior levels of the organization
• Corporate and or Divisional HQ Operations Finance experience preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously Requires a keen sense of attention to detail.
• Requires good organizational skills.
• Individual must be able to communicate well in writing and verbally, and must be comfortable interfacing with various levels of associates and management.
• Must possess very good skills in the development and use of Excel spreadsheets. Strong communications skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.