At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Packaging Engineer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will will conduct packaging development Lifecycle Analysis and packaging feasibility projects for Sustainability. This can include investigating new sustainable materials or processes, benchmarking against currently commercialized product for performance testing and proof of principle (POP). Projects will consist of modifications of packaging for existing products as well as the packaging for new products.
The individual will be responsible for meeting timelines, finding solutions to problems, managing expectations, and delivering to those expectations. The individual will have accountability to their packaging projects to assure they meet quality and consumer expectations while maintaining project schedule and sustainability goals.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for supporting packaging projects to assure they meet quality and consumer expectations while maintaining project schedule and sustainability goals.
- Accountable for ensuring that the project meets cost and environmentally sustainability requirements within the agreed upon schedule.
- Works with other corporate departments, plants, contract manufacturing, consultants, and suppliers.
- Utilizes various packaging materials (i.e.: fiberboard, corrugated, plastics, films, etc) to develop cost effective, consumer acceptable packages.
- Executes projects from primary through tertiary packaging development as appropriate.
- Coordination and execution of pilot and/or plant line trials, including the generation of test plans and reports.
- Executes Lifecycle Analysis of alternative packaging solutions for SBU and R&D innovation projects
- Offer input for the creation of project time lines.
- Develops and executes qualification programs for new package designs and materials.
- Work with partner agencies (SPC, APR, RPA) to validate new test methodologies and test equipment on our packaging, determine guidelines for the Packaging team (e.g. amount of film or metallization acceptable in a paper package, recyclability of TPE, black plastic)
- Identifies, develops, and implements cost savings initiatives as related to package designs and materials as it relates to sustainability.
- Travels to supplier and manufacturing locations for support of packaging project activities.
- Performs hands-on evaluation of packaging components for conformance to project requirements.
- Develops packaging specifications.
- Attend seminars and training classes in the area of sustainability.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in package development, preferably within consumer goods and around sustainability.
- Preference given to candidates who have worked with primary through tertiary packaging development for n3ew product launches.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.