At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our HR team is looking for a Payroll Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will oversee all payroll and time-keeping activity for the company’s Domestic Operations, as well as guidance related to International payroll. This individual is responsible for defining the needs and direction of the department, as well as managing workflow and scope through the creation of policies and procedures. The Payroll Manager acts as the primary contact with payroll related vendors and tax agencies, as well as Human Resources and Accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Oversight of tax filing and reporting – works with ADP’s Tax Filing Service to coordinate the company’s tax related activity, from pay data entry through the analysis of periodic tax reports. Keeps informed of legislative changes that necessitate changes to payroll coding for compliance.
- Documentation of the payroll process on a company level to satisfy the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley act – works with internal auditors to test processes in the payroll area. and enact any needed adjustments to payroll procedures.
- Maintains uniformity in use of HR/PR application – works closely with the HRIS team to strive for consistency in practices and management of employee data. Coordinates payroll coding.
- Oversight of reconciliation of payroll totals to General Ledger expense accounts - includes analysis of payroll related accounts and authorization of journal entries.
- Creates/directs reporting for management, audits and non-tax agencies – includes internal adhoc reporting.
- Manages staff; acts in advisory capacity for plant controllers and payroll processors to maintain standardization of payroll/tax process company wide.
- Acts as escalation point for International locations using Global Payroll Management Services.
What you’ll need:
- BS/BA from an accredited institution in Finance, HR Management or Business Administration
- 7+ years of relevant experience including management experience or HS Diploma with 10+ years of experience in payroll function
- 5 years of supervision of payroll staff
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.