At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Global Purchasing team is looking for a driven and reliable Buyer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Ewing, NJ Global Headquarters, you will be responsible for purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies and procedures. This person will provide sourcing support and prepare bid specifications, issues bid requests, review quotations, and support contracting execution. Assigned categories can include: Indirect Services, Direct Chemicals, or Direct Packaging.
What you’ll do:
• Guide identification and selection of vendors to procure goods and services, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality, and delivery date and place orders
• Identify requesting functions needs and develop and refine specifications for goods and services
• Interpret and communicate purchasing procedures to functions and provide sourcing support
• Write and distribute complex and technical bid invitations or requests for proposals; receive and analyze bids, quotes, and proposals, and award the contract
• Resolve purchasing problems between function and vendor
• Build relationships with suppliers and manage their performance
• Support routine supplier business reviews, evaluating supplier performance and compliance
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3-5 years buying experience
• Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures
• Knowledge of various categories in goods and services
• Skilled in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and bids
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Sound knowledge of computer software applications such as MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint – Familiarity with ERP/P2P systems SAP/Oracle (preferred)
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/disability/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.