At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for a Sr. Fragrance Development Scientist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands including ARM & HAMMER™, Nair™, Batiste™, OxiClean™, Trojan Brands™, Orajel™, Waterpik®, Vitafusion™, Spinbrush™, XTRA™ and First Response™.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will Manage the global creation, testing and delivery of high quality, cost effective, consumer delighting fragrances for all categories. Provide fragrance and sensory guidance to PD & Marketing on selection, trends, concept fit and performance /consumer experience from development through commercialization.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for global fragrance development including developing & issuing briefs for new projects, base changes, feasibility studies, fragrance modifications, regulatory mandates.
- Provide input on fragrance directions based on technical and category requirements – including consumer expectations, technical/base requirements and limitations, current trends. Work with Marketing and PD to understand business objectives and resource allocation/timeline to manage fragrance development.
- Work with the consumer research team to develop / optimize / validate fragrance screening & selection methods. This includes sensory testing, CLT or home use testing.
- Oversee odor evaluations including stability, submissions, reworks, production material. Provide detailed technical & fragrance ingredient assessment.
- Manage external resources & communication (houses). Monitor regulatory & safety required ingredient changes and manage fragrance modification and validation for the global portfolio.
What you’ll need:
- BS/MS/PhD in Sciences from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of experience in a fragrance development role with emphasis on technical product understanding as well as consumer usage.
- Product development and sensory testing experience is desired. Broad / cross functional (business, operations) experience is a plus.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.