At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D Team is looking for a Chemist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will perform experimentation in the formulation, development and testing of current and new oral care products. Under supervision of more experienced technical personnel, aid in the qualification/implementation of new oral care products and changes/improvements to the current products.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct bench-top formula development of oral care products. Design and execute experiments. Collect and analyze stability data. Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.
- Identify product concepts and technical approaches, demonstrate concept and technical feasibility, formulate detailed development plans and execute such plans to meet objectives and commitments.
- Design and execute laboratory experiments to substantiate label claims. Coordinate and support testing by internal service groups and/or external testing labs.
- Conduct periodic competitive product charts and stay abreast on oral care trends.
- Analyze consumer feedback, identify and understand consumer needs and the gaps between consumer needs and existing products, prepare summary reports and initiate/conduct follow-through tasks.
- Create, update, and maintain electronic product specifications. Assemble product Bundle Book/Design History File and relevant documentation to support launch of new products.
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory designated for the development of FDA regulated products.
What you’ll need:
The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 2+ years of laboratory experience. An Assoc Degree with 10+ years relevant work experience is acceptable for engineers.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop, organize and prioritize tasks within assigned projects and work with a supervisor to manage assigned projects.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects without manager oversight.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, work planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage large workloads at times and to adapt to reprioritization as necessary in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment involving marketing, processing, packaging, analytical, safety, clinical and regulatory groups.
- Good oral and written skills
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.