At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Research Chemist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will be primarily responsible for identifying and implementing solutions related to materials & technologies pertaining to different consumer products under the C&D brands such as VMS & Sexual Health. Applies advanced scientific theory to creatively solve complex research problems.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct bench-top formula evaluations of various C&D products. Design and execute experiments. Operates laboratory computer/equipment, analytical test instruments. Collect and analyze stability data.
- Report results, draw conclusions and make data-based recommendations to management.Identifies product concepts and technical approaches, demonstrate concept and technical feasibility, formulate detailed development plans and execute such plans to meet objectives and commitments.
- Analyzes consumer feedback, identify the gaps between consumer needs and existing products, prepare summary reports and initiate/conduct follow-through tasks.
- Utilizes computer simulations, wet or dry lab experiments for feasibility evaluations of process/product(s).
- Adhere to and follow established procedures and policies for working in the laboratory/pilot designated for the development of regulated/unregulated Assist in maintaining laboratory compliance and development of SOP including equipment maintenance.
- Actively participates in literature and patent search/scouting of new technology, ingredient development, trend and innovation, as well as processing and equipment advances.
- Promotes use and awareness of technology group as a key resource in the organization. Ensure collaborative environment with our partners in legal, marketing, purchasing and manufacturing by proposing, creating and maintaining tools such as newsletters, surveys, presentations, informative reports and liaising through regular meetings and communications.
What you’ll need:
- The successful candidate will have a B.S. degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry/Chemical/Materials Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines, with 5+ years of laboratory experience. A Ph.D in a relevant discipline with 0 – 3 years’ experience is acceptable.
- Familiarity with FDA regulated OTC products preferred. 1 – 3 years’ experience with master data management in an ERP system is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.