At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Human Resources team is looking for an ambitious and reliable Benefits Analyst whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will manage the administration of the company short-term disability program for all salaried employees across all locations of the company. You will provide guidance to Plant HR on ADA related issues on a case by case basis. The Benefits Analyst also provides support to the Manager, Benefits Administration to resolve employee benefit issues, manage the annual Quest screening program and assist with annual Open Enrollment projects.
What you’ll do:
- Short Term Disability/FMLA
- Responsible for management of the Leave Administration vendor (TBD) once the process has been outsourced (currently pending). Until this process outsourcing is finalized the Benefits Analyst is required to complete the following leave administration duties:
- Communicates with Corporate/Regional employees while on leave to provide process detail, tracks and monitors FMLA/NJFLA in WD, confirms return to work dates, extensions, accommodations and obtains claim approval information from STD vendor to calculate and provide payroll information bi-monthly to the payroll team.
- Functions as a subject matter expert for Plant HR and HR Managers in Corporate regarding disability, FMLA, and ADA. Coordinates LTD referrals with vendor and Prepares annual spreadsheet for use in determining FAS 112 liability.
- Open Enrollment – assists Manager, Benefits Administration with all annual Open Enrollment (OE) projects. Prepares benefit orientation and OE slides for all locations.
- Vendor Management – monitors dashboard reports for all vendors/carriers to assess program efficiency, identify issues and makes regular recommendations for suggested process improvements. Works closely with benefits manager and consultants to remedy employee benefit issues and streamline processes.
- Quest Biometrics Program – manages implementation and rollout of the Quest program annually. This includes coordination of onsite events, communication with the Plants, fielding questions, testing, and reporting during and at the close of the program.
- Benefit Exit Summary – responsible for updating all versions of the Exit Summary and distribution to all plant HR Departments with an explanation of the changes.
- Employee Escalations (and plant) – resolve eligibility errors with vendor(s) or third-party outsourcer.
- Life Claims Processing (all locations) – prepares and tailors letter of explanation of deceased employee’s (dependent’s) status in the benefit plan and the documentation required to close all accounts.
- Functions as the back-up for the Benefit Administrator to conduct benefit orientation for new hires as part of company on-boarding to familiarize them with the benefit programs available and the enrollment process.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- A BA/BS from an accredited institution in Human Resources with 3 years of experience or HS Diploma with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; Proficient computer skills
- Effective communication skills both written and oral
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of all applicable local, state, and federal employment and leave laws
- Ability to manage competing priorities; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.