At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for a Sr. Fragrance Development Scientist whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands including ARM & HAMMER™, Nair™, Batiste™, OxiClean™, Trojan Brands™, Orajel™, Waterpik®, Vitafusion™, Spinbrush™, XTRA™ and First Response™.
Support the development, testing and delivery of high quality, cost effective, consumer delighting fragrances for the entire CHD, global portfolio. Act as technical liaison between partners (internal & external) to assist with issues during development. Maintain effective communication with both internal and external partners such as Product Development and the fragrance suppliers.
What you’ll do:
- Assist/Co-Lead fragrance development for all CHD categories including but not limited to:
- Work with Product Development and Marketing and align on project parameters, desired consumer experience, technical issues, cost and timing to write briefs and recommend next steps/solutions
- Writing & executing briefs for new projects, base changes, feasibility studies, fragrance modifications, regulatory mandates
- Develop testing approach for fragrance screening/selection as well as claims support
- Summarize the consumer/expert test results on projects & conduct debriefing with the suppliers. Assist with Marketing alignment & debrief.
- Coordinating other aspects of fragrance development– such as scheduling category reviews, base/product requirements; ensure suppliers are adhering to CHD & regulatory requirements. Includes ensuring submission requirements and PD needs are met during the development process.
- Responsible for fragrance evaluations including stability, submissions, reworks.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Sciences from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical fragrance evaluation/sensory role either with a consumer package goods company or supplier.
- Fragrance development and evaluation experience as well as a discriminating sense of smell.
- Must be able to understand product usage from a consumer perspective.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.