At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Research & Development, Packaging team is looking for an ambitious and reliable Packaging Research Engineer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role is located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ.
What you’ll do:
• Member of the R&D Value Engineering Team which includes package, product development, process and quality engineers
• The R&D Value Engineering Team works in partnership with Operations to identify and implement impactful, value engineered cost savings projects
• The focus is on existing branded products and manufacturing processes
• Reports to the leader of the R&D Value Engineering Team
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities (Describe the 5-7 major accountabilities)
• Analyze existing packages and supply chain; identify and execute package value engineering projects; ensure they meet critical to consumer, quality and sustainability standards
• Travel to manufacturing sites and suppliers to identify savings opportunities
• Develop and execute package qualification plans including ISTA testing and plant line trials
• Develop packaging specifications
What you’ll need:
• B.S. from accredited institution in Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Science
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience; consumer packaged goods experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of different packaging materials (e.g. corrugated containers, folding cartons, plastic bottles, flexible packaging, thermoformed packaging, injection molded components) and test methods
• Familiar with and able to apply lean six sigma problem-solving principles; a critical thinker
• Strong organizational and work planning skills; proactive and self-motivated
• Good oral communication and technical writing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft applications and general computer usage
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.