At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Specialty Products Division is looking for a decisive and confident Finance Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located in Princeton, NJ, you are expected to independently work across the SPD portfolio of businesses and business management organization to ensure that the needs of the individual business groups and overall division are met. Responsibilities include both JV board level reporting and analysis of wholly owned businesses. Back up for Division Controller and supervisor of Financial Analyst III.
What you’ll do:
• Be the financial member of the leadership team of the assigned business
• Provide analytical financial and business decision support on all operational, manufacturing, marketing and cost analysis, including developing analyses and/or financial models to identify and address business problems or opportunities
• Supports division wide reporting of $375+ million, with direct reporting responsibility for $200+ million in revenue
• Support the business as needed with analyses which may include:
Competitor and/or Market share analysis
Price volume mix (brand analysis)
Customer profitability analysis
• On a monthly basis, analyze financial statements and explain variances to plan, PPR and prior year for all P&L and significant balance sheet items.
• Liaise with accounting on financial reporting issues on assigned businesses.
• Preparation and analysis of the annual budget and strategic plan.
• Financial evaluation of business opportunities and acquisition candidates.
• Awareness of SPD Responsible Care management system requirements.
What you’ll need:
• BA/BS degree from an accredited institution in finance/accounting (MBA preferred).
• Minimum 7+ years of experience in finance/accounting.
• Chemical or related industry experience desired.
• Management experience preferred.
• Competence in business analysis, budgeting/forecasting and cost analysis.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills
• Strong project management skills and detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and set cross-functional agendas
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Working knowledge of SAP preferred; knowledge of similar ERP system required
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disability/veteran
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.