At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Operations Finance team is looking for a decisive and confident Sr. Financial Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at global corporate headquarters in Ewing, NJ, your expertise will be utilized as you interface regularly with Senior Management as well as a wide range of business partners. This role will provide leadership in the areas of cost analysis, cost accounting, and cost optimization. The Cost Accounting Senior Manager position is expected to be a strong business partner of the manufacturing, purchasing and controller’s teams, to ensure accounting data and financial statements are accurately prepared in a timely manner, to provide a strong resource for cost teams at all global manufacturing locations, and to ensure accurate cost estimates for new product development and roll-out.
What you’ll do:
• Management of the Company cost accounting activities. Oversee the month-end accounting close, reporting and analyses for all domestic manufacturing plants and contract manufacturing. This includes reviewing journal entries, obsolescence reserves and accruals, balance sheet account analyses and assuring compliance with SOX accounting guidelines. Requires comprehensive understanding of product manufacturing processes and procedures in a complex inventory environment.
• Partner with Global Manufacturing Services, Purchasing and SPD to insure new/unique purchasing and manufacturing arrangements are properly captured in SAP. This includes maintaining compliance for imported products.
• Provide best practice business and corporate ad-hoc decision support analyses to optimize performance and earnings with an emphasis on cost improvements. Maintain focus on continuous improvement through researching and implementing innovative, cost-efficient/revenue optimizing business solutions.
• Support/drive process improvement initiatives: process definition, accounting and reporting metrics, new product releases, inventory controls, BOMs and routings, budgeting and forecasting, cycle count program and metrics.
• Oversee the application of cost accounting concepts and work with the corporate offices, tax, human resources, internal and external auditors to ensure that the cost accounting and reporting adheres to GAAP standards.
• Act as a strong business partner of the manufacturing, purchasing, contract mfg, planning and controller’s department in coordinating and review of schedules for Quarterly PPR’s and Annual Plan. Align with them to establish accurate standard product costs (including labor and overhead absorption) and effective costing systems and related processes.
• Provide support and monitoring for audit, internal control and compliance issues to ensure integrity and consistency of financial reporting and risk management
• Coach and development for GMS Controller and 3 cost analysts by delegating challenging tasks and providing timely and constructive feedback on their performance.
What you’ll need:
• BS in Accounting/Finance from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 10+ years experience in cost accounting / financial accounting analysis, preferably in a multi-product, multi-plant, multi-warehouse environment. Cost Accounting experience required
• Minimum 5 years experience in a managerial role within an analytical accounting discipline, preferably related to SAP PP/PC experience.
Corporate and or Divisional HQ Operations Finance experience required
• Demonstrated ability to identify and articulate problems, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, including senior management. Strong influencing and collaboration skills required; this position partners with multiple business partners in the Corporation and manufacturing plants
• A continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization
• Ability to recruit, motivate, coach and develop direct reports, creating a continuous learning environment.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disability/veteran
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.