At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Consumer Sales team is looking for a resourceful and adaptable Sr. Category Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for leading strategic initiatives with our Target customer. This role will utilize advanced analytical capabilities and executional tools to elevate our influence with both internal and external customers.
A Sr. Category Manager, you will work with key account sales teams and their respective retailers to develop, lead, and communicate fact-based analysis and insights in their respective categories to help drive C&D and category topline sales objectives.
This role reports internally to a Director of Category Management.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with our retail partners to be viewed as a trusted resource for category insights and objective growth opportunities
- Proactively build insights to help educate and influence sales strategy at an internal organizational level
- Effectively communicate category management insights within internal C&D organization and category management department, not in violation of confidentiality agreements with our customers
- Actively lead and participate in preparation of line reviews and re-occurring Customer Category reviews, JBP plans, and Top to Top meetings
- Monitor competitive activity and recommend solutions to meet/counter competitive threats to business
- Lead comprehensive understanding of plan-o-gram insights and assortment to help identify and drive strategic sales opportunities and customer growth objectives
- Advanced utilization of Tools and Insights to Enable Execution: Nielsen and customer POS, Loyalty Card, Panel, Shopper insights, Assortment, and POG tools to deliver unique insights
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years of experience in the CPG industry required
- 2+ years in a Category Management role in the CPG industry required
- Nielsen and/or IRI syndicated data experience is required
- Nielsen Advanced Analytical capabilities are required
- POG software (like JDA) understanding and proficiency is a plus
- Loyalty card experience is also a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.