At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D Team is looking for a Senior Research Engineer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
As a member of the Product Engineering group, will support the mechanical and electrical product development efforts across all the Church & Dwight bands. Will assist the team by being a project lead as well working to design and develop parts of packaging and device solutions, and develop test methods and plans to determine the precise designed solutions. Will work in a manner consistent with the Church & Dwight R&D core principles of teamwork, consumer and customer focus, personal responsibility and integrity.
What you’ll do:
- Be a technical project lead for cross functional technical projects
- Lead the work to create design engineered solutions to innovative primary packaging
- Design and Validate components for Medical Devices
- Interface with team and key stake holders to ensure alignment of project expectations
- Work with external suppliers to ensure their production equipment meets design intent
- Effectively use problem solving skills to identify and assess potential problems and help to develop and implement mitigation or resolution plans and activities.
- Meet timelines, manage expectations, and deliver to those expectations.
- Travel to vendors and manufacturing locations for support of product activities
- Provide regular technical progress updates to R&D partners and potential cross-functional groups within project team, as well as communication to upper management at key project milestones
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Applied Sciences from an accredited university or college
- History of successful technical project leadership including projects that span across multiple stake holders and external suppliers
- Experience working on Complex multistage projects
- Experience with CAD (SolidWorks or Creo preferred), GD&T, BOMs, mechanical drawings, ECOs.
- Experience in the product design, development and DFM.
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools, (process capability, ANOVA, and statistical techniques) and able to design and execute product test plans utilizing Design of Experiments.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.