At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Legal team is looking for an Assistant General Counsel-Trademarks whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will play a critical role in protecting and enforcing the company’s famous and iconic brands, such as ARM & HAMMER, WATERPIK, OXICLEAN, TROJAN, and many others. The trademark attorney will report to the Associate General Counsel and work on all aspects of trademark law, including clearance, prosecution, opposition, litigation, due diligence, and with particular emphasis on counterfeit, infringement, and on-line brand enforcement
What you’ll do:
- Enforcement of the company’s famous brands, including handling counterfeit, infringement, and customs matters, as well as other on-line enforcement matters in marketplaces, websites, and social media. Liaise with government agencies such as Homeland Security regarding seizures and other matters.
- Trademark clearance work, including analysis of domestic and international search results and written opinions on availability for trademarks for use and registration.
- Assist with domestic and international trademark prosecution, including review of paralegal work on USPTO filings and international correspondence. Our in-house trademark legal team handles all US prosecution and manages our network of foreign counsel.
- Handle US and international trademark oppositions and cancellation cases, as well as assist with litigation relating to our trademarks. Prepare cease and desist letters and handle responses.
- Provide strategic advice regarding the trademark and copyright aspects of social media and website communications, including blogger/influencers, as well as all aspects of advertising and promotional materials.
- Support the trademark aspects of merger and acquisition work, including due diligence, analysis of data room documents, review and analysis of transactional agreements, and post-closing integration of acquired company’s trademark portfolio.
- Assist with robust trademark licensing program, including review of trademark licenses and management of licensees use of company’s brands.
- Provide assistance with copyright issues that may arise.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience as a trademark attorney, either at a law firm or in-house, preferably experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Member of the NJ Bar, or in-house license
- Ability to manage a large trademark portfolio and work independently
- Experience as a team player who works well with colleagues.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/diversity/veteran.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.